Have you ever noticed that sometimes we think things about ourselves or others that might not be true? These thoughts are called judgements, and they can be really powerful. When we always think in a judgmental way, we might start feeling like we're not good enough or that we're not important. We may get stuff in a negative self-talk cycle which can make us feel really bad about ourselves, and/or feeling anxious or angry. We might experience guilt as a result which can be very demotivating.
But guess what? There's another way of thinking that can be much better for us. Reframing our thinking towards a mindset that embraces curiosity can empower you to move forward in a positive way. Instead of quickly deciding something is good or bad, curiosity helps us to wonder and ask questions. This can make us feel happier and more relaxed.
Let's see why curiosity is so great:
1. **Understanding Ourselves Better**: When we're curious, we think about why we feel a certain way or why we do things. This can help us understand ourselves more.
2. **Finding Patterns**: Curiosity helps us notice if we do the same things over and over again. Knowing this can help us make better choices.
3. **Learning from Experiences**: Instead of being hard on ourselves, curiosity lets us learn from mistakes and grow.
4. **Figuring Out What to Do Next**: When we're curious, we think about what we can do next to make things better. We focus on what we can control.
5. **Asking Questions**: Being curious means we ask questions like: "Why did I think that?" or "Is there another way to look at this?"
So, the next time you catch yourself thinking something not so nice about yourself try switching to curiosity. Ask yourself questions, learn from the experience, and be kind to yourself. This way, you can have a happier and more positive outlook on life.